Friday, August 6, 2010

More routine than a 6 year old



It's raining today for the fifth time this week, which means I don't have too much to blog about. Haven't been able to go to the beach or do any exploring. Bummer. Hopefully, the rain lets up soon. That way I can get back to being outside and also save my sanity at work.

Trying to keep 25 kids ranging in age from 5 -13 occupied inside for a whole week has been difficult. Normally, it wouldn't be so bad, but as I have mentioned before these particular kids don't do games. They still whine and complain every time we mention doing a structured activity. I really don't know why - who doesn't like making play dough? And who thinks a scavenger hunt is lame? Seriously. So, here's hoping that Monday we will be able to go back to the playground!

Anyways, Mark and I seem to be settling into a routine here, which is kind of weird. It has really been hitting us lately that we LIVE in New Zealand. We have our usual TV shows that we watch (favourites include Man vs. Wild, Tough Guy or Chicken and Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane. Ok, that last one is just me). We vacuum and clean the house, we sit in the hot tub at our usual time each night. It's good, but we hope to not settle in too much. Still need to keep this an adventure, you know.

We have also adapted our routine to be a bit Kiwi. For example, it's Saturday night which means we will be watching rugby, which I still don't mind (ask me in another four months, I might be over it).

So, that is my semi-routine life - in contrast to a 6 year old at work this week who informed me that "her life is complicated". Her words exactly. Ah, kids. Always good for a laugh even if they are inside a bit too much for my liking.

1 comment: