Sunday, September 26, 2010

6 Months Already

We have lived in New Zealand for six months now! Sometimes it seems longer, sometimes shorter. We are still very much enjoying living here - but we definitely miss everyone from Canada. There are still six months left on my visa (Mark has a visa until 2012), so we have some time to decide what comes next. But not too much! Yikes, life moves fast.

Anyways, after six months in New Zealand, it was time for a haircut. It went well and I'm pretty happy with the new do.


Now, this isn't really that big of a deal but it was a good opportunity to blog about the interesting hair styles that exist here in NZ. I really don't understand some of the style choices - and I don't want to be culturally insensitive. So I'll just link you to a few examples, courtesy of rugby players. They tend to embrace the interesting hair styles.


Maybe I should have been more adventurous??? Nah.

3 comments:

  1. It appears that the rugby players are actually training to be Jedi knights.
    http://www.starwars.com/episode-i/bts/production/f19990501/index.html?page=4

    PS. If I have any say in what may happen in the next six months... I hope that it is you are coming home- but obviously that is the selfishness in me talking- do what is best for you and Mark, together.

    There is my advice! And I love your hair cut!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laurel,

    I like your hair also - very smart.

    (Un)fortunately the Rats Tail is still very big here in NZ. I was in Pukekohe on Sunday to shoot one of our most prominent tail-wearing players, Rene Ranger (http://wp.me/pRh0X-tU).

    Our love affair with the tail pre-dates the young Obi-Wan's effort
    [There was a recent Star Wars moment here: http://wp.me/pRh0X-rA]

    Just today I was designing a download-able rats tail measurement ruler, soon to be made available.

    I didn't see a mention of it in a quick trawl of your blog but I hope you have sampled 1-2 Kiwi beers. It would complete your experience of our 3 founding pillars: Rugby, Racing and Beer.

    Thanks for the shout and I hope you not only enjoy your time in NZ but take in plenty of rugby matches, hair styles and other scenery.

    Maybe we'll run into each other and I'll shout you guys a (nice) beer.

    Maru

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new hairdo!! I'm not as brave as you are though...too many bad cuts I guess.
    Time flies...six months already!! Wow..hope it's more than you expected here and you are still enjoying it. Hope to see you soon. I still miss our Wednesday coffee dates :)

    ReplyDelete