
For those of you who are not aware, I can't really swim. I can doggie paddle to save my life but that's about it. Can't even float very well. Because of this, I have always preferred being on top of the water as opposed to in the water. Last night we had the privilege of going out sailing with our friend Geoff from church and Mark's cousin Joel who is visiting at the moment. Being out there on top of the water was amazing!

I was pretty busy taking photos and video to do much of the sailing. But I did self appoint myself as First Mate.
The view of the Mount from the water is really cool. It is so interesting to see it from a different vantage point.


Mark was extremely excited to be at the healm. (I called it "driving" at first, but Geoff informed me that was not sailing lingo....)

Joel was also at the healm for a while. There was a bit of a sketchy moment where he felt the wind was leading him in a different direction than planned, but it turned out ok. Actually, I don't think it was sketchy because Geoff didn't seem to mind. He was at the front of the boat (aka the bow), however, doing something important at the moment so we don't really know how he felt about Joel's "driving".

When we got back into the harbour, I did some maintenance. No big deal.


It was a great sunset sail. There were also lots of jellyfish floating in the waters and we saw a few penguins bobbing along. They are cute, but they look like ducks when they are floating so sometimes I forget they are penguins...
I probably won't become a pirate anytime soon, but it was very fun to be out there for a couple hours. Such a beautiful place we live in. Sigh.

No comments:
Post a Comment