I only have one key to my name. It's true. My car key is the only thing left on my key ring that actually belongs to me. The other two are for Mark's parents house (where we now live for the next two weeks) and Mark's mom's car.
It's a weird feeling only having one key. Mark thinks it's "freeing". But he also wanted to just burn everything in the house so we didn't have to move it. He thought that would be "freeing" as well. I did not agree - although, I do agree that moving is the absolute worst. Even though I am not on the "burn it all" bandwagon yet, it would be nice to not have to move ever again. Why do we have so much stuff?
Anyways, I miss our little house a bit, but now I can look forward to the next one. Bigger and better (I hope)!
We have a few details left to take care of in the next couple of weeks, but we are pretty much set to go. Getting more excited now that we have no jobs or home here. It's becoming more and more real everyday.
Anyways, we are off to collect our cheque from the house sale. That will make us feel good - until it starts disappearing rather rapidly!
Now, where did I put my key?
This is so funny (funny odd), as I was just having a conversation with someone last night about keys. They were saying that the more keys they have, the more stress they have in their life. Oddly enough, they are moving to New Zealand also on April 1st! Good luck with your travels. I am looking forward to reading all about your freedom, and the adventures that will follow:)
ReplyDeleteI know I said I wouldn't check your blog until you actually left- but I haven't seen you yet this weekend so I thought I would check!
ReplyDeleteYou guys must be getting so excited! It's coming so fast!
As I read the "mark wanting to burn things" section I could completely imagine him doing that- thank goodness he didn't!
Ok. well now I will not really check again until you are gone!
CIAO!