Mark and I love hosting people in our home. We always have. So we hoped we would find a nice place in Mount Maunganui which our friends would want to come and visit. And we did! They have affectionately named our home the "family bach" - which is not a contradictory term meaning a bachelor with a family - it's what the Kiwi's call a cabin/cottage.
We have had a number of visits from Brandon and Kristen, Brenno and Mel and Dale and Amber. Mark is building a repertoire of tasty meals that he loves to make for people, including fajitas and anything like brunch. He also does a great job of offering drinks and making sure folks have all they need. I do the shopping, the cleaning, the activity planning, and help out in the kitchen. I personally think we should run a bed and breakfast some day, but I haven't come up with a good name yet. And we all know a good name is crucial for a b&b.
This past weekend, we had a great time with Amber, Dale, Mel and Brenno. Activities included a walk around the mount, strolling along downtown Mount Maunganui, the farmer's market, the beach, Burger Fuel (yum), a somewhat tense two games of Pictionary with the addition of Jamie and Laura (hopefully they still want to hang out after experiencing that....us Canadian immigrants have a bit of a girls vs. boys rivalry going on) and even a sunrise hike up the mount. I usually find the hike up a bit hard on my lungs - I found it particularly difficult at 6am. I had to wake up in the fives. That's never a good thing, but....it was worth it.


We love our friends and our town!
Here I thought you were going to write about your new found love of Mr. Johann Sebastian... but no- BACHelor...
ReplyDeleteI wish I could come climb a mountain with you and watch the sunrise... one of these days.
We can skype this week, I am back in edmonton. I am free tuesday and friday night at this point.
love you!
I love the group shot, Laurel! So perfectly set up. Thanks for another fabulous weekend out at the family bach! It was so much fun and so refreshing to come out to such a beautiful place. You guys are amazing hosts and friends.
ReplyDeleteBreno and I give the family bach a 5-star rating.