Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Anniversary Beach Party!

Mark and I have been married for five years - I'm not sure if our anniversary was really yesterday or today. I mean, I know we were married on August 13th, but we were married on August 13th in Canada which is technically today. But we celebrated August 13th here yesterday. Anyways, enough of that scientific talk.

We decided that we are going to splurge on a nice weekend in Hawke's Bay in a couple of weeks. It is the main wine area on the North Island, so we will check out some vineyards, etc. Romantic. We did, however, treat ourselves to dinner out last night.

We made reservations at a nice place that we had visited for a drink a couple weeks ago. We weren't informed that they were planning a beach party that night in honour of our anniversary! Ok, it was obviously not for us, but we had fun anyways.

We had some starters including some of the best chicken fingers ever. We had them the last time we were there and loved them. We also had a lot of bread.


Mark ordered a stonefire grill meal. It's kind of a popular thing here - you order your meat and it comes out on a REALLY hot stone. Then you cook it to your liking.


Mark did have to get a few pointers from the server.


Then the party started! I'll give you one guess who the sponsor was.


I decided I needed a drink out of a coconut.


Happy 5th Anniversary to us! Beach Party!


Oh, and my lovely husband bought me some orchids. I have so missed having flowers to play with!


One of my uses for the orchids.


Thanks for 5 years, Mark. What adventure will we have next year!?


2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Koslowskis!!!
    Mark's hair is so long (he needs to get it cut)
    Laurel looks Pretty (as usual)
    Glad you guys enjoyed some good food, good drinks and lovely flowers! Hope to skype with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary guys! Glad you were able to go out and enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete