Monday, November 15, 2010

Smelling the Roses


I'm a bit split on how I feel about roses. Long stemmed, popped in a crystal vase with baby's breath and some greenery = my worst nightmare. However, still on the bush or nestled in a monochromatic bouquet, and I think they are pretty nice.

There is an abundance of roses blooming here right now. They smell beautiful and look lovely. I took a quick trip to Robbins Park rose garden in Tauranga to capture some of the blooming beauties.



The ones above remind me of the Kapiti white chocolate raspberry ice cream bars that are so delicious. I should remember to buy some of those...





The garden has a really cool view of the sea through some hedges. It feels very Victorian. One of those places I would love to nerd out and live a Jane Austen novel. Ooops, did I say that out loud? Anyways, hope this reminds you to stop and ..... you know.


2 comments:

  1. Some of the white/red ones seem like they belong in Alice in Wonderland ("We're painting the roses red, we're painting the roses red") ok.

    Loverly flowery pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!!!! I love your new banner picture! You guys are SO HOT RIGHT NOW!

    love you

    ReplyDelete