
When we moved to New Zealand, I had hoped that I would accomplish some personal goals, learn some new things about myself, possibly gain new skills, etc. But my biggest and most important goal was probably this: spend a whole year without snow. I know, I aim high.
The North Island was definitely the place to settle on my way to accomplishing this goal. The only place you can really find snow is at the tops of mountains - which I didn't plan on climbing.
The South Island is not quite as conducive to my plan. The farther south you go, the more your chances of snow. No thank you.
However, on this trip down South we happened to be driving by two fairly significant glaciers that exist in NZ. Kiwis and visitors alike have recommended we see/visit these glaciers. Mark also managed to find half price vouchers online for The Franz Josef Glacier tour.
Soooo, this presents a bit of a dilemma. Being only 18 days away from a whole year of no snow, did I dare set foot on this massive mound of ice? I made an executive decision: ice doesn't count.
And it was worth it.




That is so cool! I am so happy for you! You guys are so rad!
ReplyDeleteI think the snow may still be here when you get back. Just a head's up. This is the worst winter EVER!
ReplyDelete