Monday, May 9, 2011

The FAQ's

One of my least favourite things in life is answering the same questions multiple times. I don't want to sound rude here - I just don't seem to have a lot of patience for those ever present type of questions that come up often.

For example, when we were getting ready to move to New Zealand, we must have answered the same questions about 987 times. "Where are you going to live? Do you have jobs yet? Are you excited? How long are you going for?" And etc. All of these are very valid questions from people who love and care about us, so I do honestly thank you for asking. And I'm sure that I am guilty of the obvious question asking myself from time to time. But as we approach the end of our 14 months away, I expect the questions will start to come again.

So, here is my solution. A "FAQ's of the Koslowski's" blog post. Here we go:

Q: What the highlight of your year+ travelling?
A: This is a difficult question. I honestly cannot narrow it down to one highlight. I guess I would have to say that New Zealand in and of itself is a highlight. I just love that country. That is very vague, so please refer to the next question for more specific details.

Q: What did you like best about living in NZ?
A: Mount Maunganui beach, all our fantastic friends (Jamie, Laura and Kristin, Brandon and Kristen, Mel and Breno, Dale and Amber, The Stouts, The Camerons, Mikaere and Nicky, Jolinda and Kevin and more), cheap avos, the Deckchair Cafe, espresso, Mauoa, Pilot Bay at sunset, fruit and veg stands, WINE, springtime freesias on the sand dunes, YMCA people, Hoyts cinema, the Bettie Monroe shop, fish and chips, Milford Sound, blue penguins, rugby games, the HAKA, magnolia trees, Rotorua luge, bubbling mud, my bicycle, and Nikau palm trees.

Q: Did you have jobs?
A: Yes, I worked as an After School Care superivsor for the YMCA Tauranga. Mark worked as an Occupational Therapist for a company called Quality Rehabilitation Services (he helped injured people get back to work).

Q: Would you move back to New Zealand?
A: Yes, most definitely. Sorry, Moms.

Q: Where did you travel after you left New Zealand?
A: Australia for two weeks, Thailand and Laos for a month, and Japan for 18 days.

Q: Where are you going to live now?
A: That is an excellent FAQ. I ask it to myself quite frequently, in fact. We are going to spend some time in the Edmonton area over the summer and see what happens. We have family and friends to stay with until we find out where we will settle for a while. We would like to move to Victoria or somewhere on Vancouver Island if we had our wish.

Q: Do you have jobs?
A: Not officially. We are applying. In Edmonton and elsewhere if anything comes up. Anyone want to give me a job?

Q: Are you going to keep blogging?
A: I have actually had a few requests that I keep writing after we are back in Canada. Who knew people would enjoy reading my thoughts! Some people have even expressed that "they had no idea I was funny!"* That's one of those backhanded compliments that you're never quite sure how to take...
Anyways, the intent of the blog was to keep in touch while we were away and I never really considered writing after we were done travelling. But maybe if I have interesting things to write about I will. We'll see.

I feel those are the questions that can be considered "frequently" asked. If you have other questions that you really would like me to address, please feel free to ask. And if someone who reads this blog regularly purposely asks me all these questions when we get back, you are going to be in trouble :)



*Mark and Dan do not think I am funny. They will give me "witty" at best. They just don't get me.

5 comments:

  1. I think you are funny.
    I'm counting down the days until your return (9 to be exact!)
    Thank you for blogging- I also enjoy reading your blogs- but I've always known you are funny:)
    I miss you.
    I can't believe I get to hug you very very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can say that Vancouver Island is definitely a nice place to live! : ) Leanne D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are funny. And so am I. Even if our husbands refuse to acknowledge it.
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Witty trumps funny any day!
    Your Kansas connection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know - we think of you often and miss you heaps!!! Hope we can keep in touch a bit once you're settled....I'll have to call once you have a home phone as we have free calling to Canada - we can catch up over a cuppa T2 :)

    ReplyDelete