Remember to drive on the left side of the road at all times.
Ice cream tastes better in New Zealand.
Butter tastes kind of weird in New Zealand.
Always carry an umbrella during winter.
Fresh berries seem to be a rare grocery store item in New Zealand. I miss strawberries.
Having coffee at a cafe on the beach is the best.
So is flying a kite and reading a book. On the beach, that is.
Talking on your mobile phone while driving is illegal. Don't answer it.
Hour long TV shows start on the half hour - that's kind of weird, isn't it?
Having mandarins (a.k.a. Christmas oranges) available year round is awesome.
I like the NZ magazines GOOD and MindFood. Which is nice, because Martha Stewart Living costs $15 a copy here!
The public toilets are surprisingly nice and clean in New Zealand.
New Zealand makes a lot of good wine. I should start keeping track of which ones I like. :)
Watching a movie in a lazy boy in the theatre is pretty great.
A regular, drip cup of coffee is hard to find. They are all about espresso, the lattes and the cappuccinos. Which is bad for my lactose intolerance, which I regularly ignore. Sorry, Mom.
We should get a sailboat someday if we ever have that much money. There appears to be a lot of money in New Zealand!
I like it here. But I like home, too. :)

Yes, Yes, you've brought up some great points here. I have been a wee bit foolish lately and have made some risky ventures out without an umbrella. I better heed your advice and keep one handy for those unexpected downpours. Totally agree with you about the butter, as well as the ice cream. And pretty much everything else on your list. Nice job.
ReplyDelete