I have landed a job as an After School Care Supervisor with the YMCA in Tauranga. I'm excited, but do realize that it has been a while since I was front line with the kids. They may drive me crazy. But they have cute accents, so that will help. I went to the centre to check out the program as part of my interview and it seemed pretty relaxed. I mean, the kids were running around like crazy, but in a relaxed way. If you work with kids you know what I mean. :)
The kids also informed me that their favourite thing to do is play on the playground. I asked if they like playground games and they looked at me like I was crazy and said "No, we just play." Sounds good to me.

We also have a new apartment in Mount Maunganui which is a lovely little beach town that is right beside Tauranga. The apartment is not right on the beach, but it's very close. We have a spare bedroom, so the invitation to visit is open!
Also, they are building a new McDonald's right next door. Which is hilarious because I live with Mark and you know how he likes McDonald's. I just hope it doesn't smell like Big Macs in the apartment when they open.
I start work on June 21st and Mark will likely be transferring down there at that time as well. So begins another chapter of our adventure. We've been here almost three months and will finally be unpacking our suitcases for real! May have taken a bit longer that I would have liked, but I guess that's part of my experience!
On another note, other recent excursions around the country include my visit to the Auckland Botanical Gardens (where they have hydraengas the size of my head), a walk around Mangere Mount in Auckland which is actually two volcano craters, and a visit to a Buddhist temple near our current house where they make really good wonton noodle soup. That might be offensive that the soup is what I remember most, but hey, if you make a delicious soup, people will talk.

No comments:
Post a Comment