Sunday, July 4, 2010

5 minutes if you run...



Sorry, it has been a while since my last post due to the sporadic internet access we have had lately. I would like to think of myself as not being "addicted" to the internet, but not having access at home has made me realize how much I really miss having information at the tip of my fingers! The other day I even had to use a phone book! Can you believe it?


Anyways, much has happened and I will try to update you over a few posts in the near future. We are now happily settled in our own place in beautiful Mount Maunganui. That's pronounced "mung-a-nui" for those who are wondering. It's a small city that is basically connected by a bridge to the larger city of Tauranga (I won't phonetically spell that one out for you because I can't quite figure out how). It's a really nice area on the East coast of the North Island. Oh, and in case you were wondering, yes, there is actually a Mount. I climbed it for the first time this past weekend.


We live in a great furnished apartment just 7 minutes walk from the beach. Conveniently located right next door is a brand spankin' new McDonalds. It opens July 20, so we have about three weeks before we start hearing the drive through in the middle of the night. Mark is hoping he can start a tab and have delivery done directly over the fence into the hot tub. There is also a gym which I have used a total of two times and Mark has used 5 times. All part of our get fit plan!



My other favourite part about our apartment is probably the heated mattress pad. I may not love the electricity bill when it comes, but at least I am warm in my bed! We are about half way through our first New Zealand winter. Now, I don't want to rub it in too much, but it's pretty great. Today was +15 in the sun. But if it makes you feel any better, the lack of indoor heating is a bit rough. Hence why I love my heated mattress pad so very much.



So, feel free to come visit! We also have a backpacker's right next door so if you get sick of us or we get sick of you, you can always move next door and we'll meet you at the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment