We rented two cars down on the South Island for our adventure. One of them broke down and left half of our party stranded in the middle of a mountain pass while the rest of us went to find cell phone service. Lindsay and Andrew didn't mind though - they had a great time taking photos. Dan and Dad had a nap.
We were given a replacement rental car and finally arrived in Queenstown safe and sound about five hours later than planned.
The next day we did a whole bunch more driving. And we had a bit of an accident - between the two rental cars. This is the part where I can't relive the details. Let's just say it was no one's fault. Right? Right.
Immediately before the incident. Lovely scenery.

After. Sadness.

Luckily, we purchased the "Stress Free" Insurance policy from the rental company so we were all good. Best $170 we ever spent. And we met some lovely fellows who gave half of us a ride.
Anyways, I think ruining 3 out of 3 rental cars in under a week is pretty impressive. I was going to make a big deal to the company about the first car breaking down (which was really not our fault) until we crashed both the other cars. I was suddenly quite ok with the service we received after that.
Sigh.
Oh Laurel!! So sorry :(
ReplyDeleteGood call on the rental car companie's insurance - won't affect your rates! Nicely done! Haha!
ReplyDelete