Friday, January 21, 2011

She sells sea shells...

I think sea shells are very beautiful - when they are on the beach at the sea. I don't particularly appreciate them in wallpaper, bathroom towels or soap dish form. I mean no offence if that is your style. I have seen some very nice ways of doing the sea shell motif. A nice variety of shells in a vintage glass jar, for example. I can handle that.

Decorating preferences aside, one of my favourite places at the Mount happens to be the aptly named "Shell Beach". It's an area of rocks where the tide brings in multitudes of sea shells and they get stuck there! Six inches deep of pure shells. It's great.





Lindsay and I spent some time here when she visited and found a good variety of treasures. My favourite are the black ones that have a white stripe/polkadot design on them.

I may even have a jar of them in my living room....


1 comment: