Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Goodbye, Thailand

Another short, but excitement filled point form update just for you.

1) We leave Thailand tomorrow and head to Tokyo. I have done my research on radiation, so don't worry. I'm pretty much a nuclear expert now and I think we'll be ok. We will join Mark's older brother, Michael, and his fiance for a celebration of their wedding and other fun. I'm also excited for sushi.

2) We almost got struck by lightening on the top Thailand's tallest tower. We think it struck the lightening rod on the top of the building. So good news - lightening rod technology appears to be sound.

3) We got approached by a group of Indian tourists who either thought we were famous or just really like white people. They made us take photos with all of them in various combinations. It was weird. Mark luckily managed to distance himself from the commotion - either that or he wasn't white enough for them to care about photos with him.

4) My new favourite place in Bangkok is the Pak Khlong Market. Flowers everywhere! And we bought 150 roses for $3. I'm not joking. Now, what do you do with 150 roses while travelling, you may ask? Put them in a pile by the hotel TV, of course.


I'm running out of internet time so that is all for now. My concern for the next couple of days is how I'm going to watch the Royal Wedding. I think I've figured out when it's broadcasting live in Tokyo, so hopefully I will be watching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment